"The Washington, DC Metro area is a wonderful place to live." says Steve Carpenter-Israel, President and Broker of Buyer's Edge, a buyer brokerage real estate company in the Washington, DC metro area and the Baltimore, MD region. As a native Washingtonian, Steve understands that with so many unique towns and communities to choose from, it can make the home buying process challenging. Israel advises homebuyers that, "Selecting the best buyers agent is the first step and then narrowing in on a number of communities after a thorough and exhaustive search is the next." It’s also important that your real estate agent protects your best interests every step of the way during the home buying process. "Buyers should take their time and get educated about the current market conditions and then make sure they buy a home or condominium in a neighborhood that best suits their needs." says Steve Israel.
TOP TEN REASONS BUYER’S EDGE LOVES MCLEAN, VA
- McLean was named after John Roll McLean, the former publisher and owner of The Washington Post. The community itself was founded in 1910, when the communities of Lewinsville and Langley merged.
- There’re over 48,115 people, 17,063 households, and 13,453 families residing in McLean.
- Mclean, VA is a city in Fairfax County, Virginia and a suburb of Washington, DC.
- The median home cost in McLean is $881,000. Home appreciation the last year has been 8.10 percent.
- McLean public schools spend $14,166 per student. The average school expenditure in the U.S. is $12,435. There are about 13.2 students per teacher in McLean.
- The median income for a household is over $164,888, and the median income for a family is over $194,832.
- Mars, Geebo, Booz Allen Hamilton and Hilton Worldwide are among the many large companies based in McLean, Virginia
- Mclean, Virginia hosts many cultural events throughout the year. They include the Mclean Community Players, Life’s a Garden….Dig It!, Spring Farm Day, McLean Day, McLean Winterfest, Mclean Fallfest, and th Annual Greater McLean Chamber of Commerce RienDog Parade.
- Some of the best public schools in the country are close by and commuters love the convenience of Mclean, VA.
- The Central Intelligence Agency is located in the Langley area of McLean and the headquarters of the Office of the Director of National Intelligence is also located in McLean.
Take your time and enjoy this joyful journey called the home buying process. Is Mclean, VA the right community for you?
NAEBA Charter Member